- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- A thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- A small bunch of coriander, leaves picked and stalks chopped
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 60g cashew nuts
- 800ml vegetable stock
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep pan over a medium–high heat, then cook the onion until golden and soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and coriander stalks, season and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the sweet potato and 40g of the cashews; cook, stirring, for a further 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the stock, partly cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until the vegies are tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before blitzing with a hand blender or food processor until smooth.
3. In a small frying pan over a medium heat, toast the remaining cashews for 4-5 minutes, until golden. Take off the heat, allow to cool slightly, then roughly chop.
4. Serve topped with coriander leaves and toasted cashews.