Try our recipe for scrumptious gluten free pancakes made with banana flour! Recipe courtesy of The Source Bulk Foods.
- 1 cup Banana Flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut oil, for frying
All ingredients can be found at The Source Bulk Foods.
- natural yoghurt
- coconut ice-cream
- cacao nibs
- nut butter
- tahini caramel sauce (tahini + rice malt syrup)
- raw chocolate sauce (coconut oil + cacao powder + rice malt syrup)
1. Mix the banana flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack in the eggs. Lightly whisk the eggs with a spoon and then add the rice malt syrup and vanilla extract. Beat everything together until well combined and then add the almond milk to thin out the mixture slightly.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Pour some batter into the pan and fry on both sides until golden. The pancakes should be ready to flip when small bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. Keep them small-ish to make them easier to flip.
3. Serve with your desired toppings. Any leftover pancakes will keep in the fridge for the next day.
Recipe makes 12 pancakes.
Content published with permission from The Source Bulk Foods.